Saturday, February 9, 2008

View of the Mono Dvide


So, as I press on making paintings that I can't reveal at this time, for an exhibition to open in the Spring, I search my image archive for things that I can share that relate to the themes that I am working on now for that show. This one comes to mind. While the High Sierra is not specifically the subject matter of the work I am currently engaged in, my experiencees there over the past 40 years there have deeply informed the work that I am currently engaged in. This image was crafted two years ago as a gift for one of my dear traveling companions there on my recent expeditions to the high country described by John Muir as "The Range of Light". Raking the clouds at around 12,000 to 13,000 feet, the Mono Divide is a high ridge that runs from the east to the west across the range, located approximately between Fresno and Bishop, in California.

No comments: