Sunday, April 13, 2008

Painting found!


One of my paintings for the Buckman School Art Sale four years ago slipped through the cracks when I did my photo documentation of them in March '04. There were 12 small paintings on panel, and one large painting on canvas. Since people at the art sale didn't seem to be interested much in paintings, or two dimensional art in general for that matter, most of my efforts went out as christmas and birthday presents to family members over the course of the following year. I discovered this one three weeks ago in my sisters home in Dubai, and took the opportunity to get a photo of it before I left. It is now included in my portfolio for the first time. Don't know how I missed it since it was one of my favourites from the series. This view is from the east side Esplanade along the Willamette River in Portland looking across the river at central Downtown Portland.

8 x 10
oil on panel, 2004

No comments: