Monday, March 17, 2008

Tennis Anyone? 2


As I said, the tennis ball made it into the serial assignment. We were to make four paintings, and were free to find our own subject and approach to the assignment, Divergent thinker that I am, I made two large square canvases and completed the four painting requirement by putting two separate square images on a single large panel, (actually an un-used sliding closet door from my parents house complete with it's aluminum frame and nylon wheels)
This painting is also from 1977, is 78 x 42 and the tennis ball is rendered in oil paint while the rest of the painting is in enamel. The figure in this series of paintings came from a newspaper photograph of a fireman climbing over a chain link fence during the course of his duties and I placed him in a new setting. Neither of the paintings on canvas have survived.

No comments: